To ensure that you feel confident with the export and import process, we have created several handy flowcharts that explain the customs clearance process. You can view or download them below.
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FORMS
Below you can download many of the necessary customs clearance forms that you will require
GET YOUR FREE IMPORTING TO AUSTRALIA EBOOK!
To help you understand the Australian import process we have compiled a handy ebook explaining Australian procedures and requirements. This must have guide to getting your goods to Australia covers all types of freight and includes links to required forms and videos to better explain the process.
YOU CAN TRUST PLATINUM® TO HAVE YOUR CANADIAN GOODS PROCESSED THROUGH AUSTRALIA
EXPORTING FROM CANADA TO AUSTRALIA: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Customs Clearance FAQs
WHAT ARE CUSTOMS BROKERS?
WHAT DO CUSTOMS BROKERS DO?
Customs Brokers are highly skilled in all facets of international trade, shipping, freighting, brokerage, warehousing, packaging, tax, GST assessments and transporting from point A to point B
After receiving the necessary documents from you, your customs broker will then –
- Get in touch with the relevant shipping line or airline to receive notification of your cargo’s intended arrival date
- Pay the shipping line’s port charges or airline’s terminal charges
- Process your goods through Customs and Quarantine
- Attend to any examinations or inspections conducted by the Australian Border Force (ABF), Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) or for any insurance purposes
- Arrange for your cargo to be collected upon its arrival from the wharf or the airline terminal
- Liaise with you in regards to delivery
- Retain all of the import related documentation for five (5) years
DO I REALLY NEED A CUSTOMS BROKER?
HOW MUCH DOES A CUSTOMS BROKER COST?
FOR GOODS ENTERING AUSTRALIA, WHAT ARE THE DUTY AND GST RATES?
ARE THERE ANY EXTRA SAVINGS IF MY PRODUCTS WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA FOR LESS THAN 12 MONTHS?
DOES MY SEA FREIGHT SHIPMENT NEED A PACKING DECLARATION?
BUT I ONLY HAVE A SMALL SEA FREIGHT SHIPMENT. IS THERE ANYTHING IMPORTANT I NEED TO KNOW?
FOR SEA FREIGHT CARGO, WHO CHARGES THE PORT FEES?
I HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT TO IMPORT BY SEA FREIGHT… WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
I WORK WITH BEVERAGES AND FOOD PRODUCTS AND WANT TO IMPORT INTO AUSTRALIA. WHERE CAN I READ ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS?
If you wish to import perishable food and drink into Australia there are many issues to take into consideration. For more information regarding requirements, please refer to the following –
- Australia Border Force
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
You will also need to ensure that your food and labelling meets the Australian Food Standards. When our clients intend to ship food to Australia we always aim to check and ensure that all concerns have been addressed prior to shipment.
As a quick reference guide, here are the minimum requirements that must be addressed on the food or drink’s packaging or label:
- all writing must be in clear English
- all ingredients must be listed on the label
- the product’s expiry date, batch number or lot code must be clearly identifiable, as well as its country of manufacture
- the packaging must show your personal or business name as well as personal or business address